I think I may have mentioned before that I am a big fan of breakfast and often I will be thinking about what to have for breakfast the night before! Last weekend was no different when panic set in on Saturday night when I realized I had forgotten to do a grocery shop and had no breakfast food for our little wannabe foodies SM1 and SM2. Racking my brain and then rummaging through the cupboards all we seemed to have was roll of ready made puff pastry, for when I was going to cheat with the sausage rolls made the week before, 1 egg and erm chocolate, you’re always guaranteed to find some form of chocolate in our house! The answer was obvious.. Easy mini choco croissants! This recipe is so easy I didn’t even roll out the pastry, hence the word ‘mini’ I’m almost embarrassed to put this on the blog. It’s perfect for a Sunday breakie, easy to make and small enough that you don’t feel too guilty. Word of warning, for this recipe I only used dark chocolate, if you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, go for something sweeter such as milk chocolate or spread some Nutella or if you want to go extra special a couple of mini marshmallows (this last ones a great hit with kids!).
Ingredients: So easy minimum of 3 ingredients required:
- 1 egg beaten
- 350 g 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- Handful of chocolate drops or chocolate squares
- Pre heat the oven to a 220C / gas mark 7/ 425F.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut into 6 squares , then cut each square diagonally to make 2 triangles.
- Place 2 – 4 chocolate drops on to each triangle.
4. Then carefully roll from the widest part of the triangle up towards the point of the triangle,pressing down slightly with the tip of the triangle underneath to seal it.
5. Bend the edges in slightly to form a crescent shape. Don’t worry if they’re not perfect they look much better when they come out of the oven.
6. Place the croissants onto a lined baking tray , brush with the egg wash and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown!