Mornings are without a doubt my favorite part of the day, especially during the summer months. The best part of the morning is breakfast, I love to eat breakfast and I need to have something filling and savory! So here’s one of my favorite and popular Sunday morning breakfasts/brunch recipes in our house. With streaky bacon, mashed up avocado and grilled tomatoes this is so easy to make, so healthy and delicious that you’ll never want to have a bowl of soggy cereal again!
Attempts : A lot during the summer months.
- Bread for toast – I prefer sourdough for this, but I leave it to you to decide your preference but you do want want a bread with a lovely crunch.
- 6 Cherry tomatoes – cut into quarters or halves.
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime – everything taste better with lime!
- Chilli flakes – to taste
- Sea salt – to taste
- Peal and de-stone the avocados. Mash the avocados with the juice of 1 lime. Add chilli flakes and salt to taste.
- Grill the streaky bacon and quartered tomatoes.
- Spread the mashed avocados over the toast , add the bacon and tomatoes over the top.
- A squeeze of extra lime on top – seriously EVERYTHING tastes better with lime!
- Now grab the Sunday papers a cup of coffee and relax.